Red and Green Holiday Tossed Salad
Last updated: Dec 19, 2014
By Lynn Grieger, RD, CDE, CPT for Summit Medical Group
Reviewed by Susan C. Canonico, RD
Dress your holiday meal with this healthy red and green salad!
- 6 cups of mixed dark leafy greens (spinach, arugula, romaine, or other favorites)
- 1/2 cup of fresh pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup of dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground sea salt
- Freshly ground cracked black pepper
- Mix dark leafy greens with pomegranate seeds, toasted walnuts, shredded parmesan cheese, and sliced shallot.
- Whisk balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, and olive oil together.
- Season dressing to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Whisk thoroughly and pour over leafy greens.
|Serving Size 1 1/4 cups|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 160||Calories from Fat 120|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 13g|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 9g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|