Fresh fruit parfait
Last updated: Jan 29, 2016
By Lynn Grieger, RD, CDE, CPT for Summit Medical Group
Enjoy this colorful and delicious parfait for a healthy snack or tasty dessert – all without any added sugar! Vary the ingredients to use seasonal fresh fruit, and you’ll never get tired of changing colors and flavors. An additional bonus: Greek yogurt is an excellent source of protein to help you feel full and satisfied while enjoying dessert.
- 2 cups plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups mixed fresh fruit: clementines, berries, chopped apple or pear, cherries are favorites
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Stir the vanilla and cinnamon into the Greek yogurt
- Chop and mix the fresh fruit together
- Into each parfait glass or bowl, spoon ¼ cup of yogurt mixture, ¼ cup of fruit mixture, 1/4 cup of yogurt mixture, and ¼ cup of fruit mixture.
- Top each parfait with 1 tablespoon yogurt mixture.
- Sprinkle the sliced almonds over the top of the parfait.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 111||Calories from Fat 0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 0g|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 14g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|