Healthy Tuna Salad with a Twist
Last updated: Jun 01, 2017
By Lynn Grieger, RD, CDE, CPT for Summit Medical Group
Traditional tuna salad is made with mayonnaise, which contains saturated fat. Swap out the mayonnaise for avocado and extra-virgin olive oil, and include a variety of vegetables to make a delicious and healthy tuna salad everyone will enjoy.
- 1 can (5 oz) water packed tuna, drained
- ½ avocado, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- ½ stalk celery, minced
- ½ green pepper, diced
- 1 green onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Serve with leafy greens including spinach, kale, and lettuce.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 15g|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 5g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|