Even though rhubarb is often prepared in a sweet pie for dessert, rhubarb is actually a vegetable. Use this delicious, low sugar rhubarb sauce to top baked chicken or turkey, roast pork, or your favorite type of fish.
- 2 cups chopped rhubarb stalks
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Combine rhubarb, sugar, water, and orange juice in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer about 5 minutes or until rhubarb is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in apple cider vinegar and ground ginger.
|Serving Size 2 tbsp|
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 0g|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 5g||1%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|