Last updated: Jan 01, 2018
By Lynn Grieger, RD, CDE, CPT for Summit Medical Group
Broccoli is an excellent source of vitamin K, one of the important nutrients that helps promote strong, healthy bones.
- 1 pound broccoli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Rinse the broccoli in cold running water to clean. Cut into individual florets.
- Put the broccoli florets and salt into a large pot, and add water to just cover the broccoli.
- Bring to a simmer, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Drain the broccoli thoroughly.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Sauté the garlic for 30 seconds; do not let it brown!
- Add the broccoli and black pepper and stir to combine with the olive oil and garlic. Cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice. Enjoy!
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 7g|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 9g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|