By Lynn Grieger, RD, CDE, CPT for Summit Medical Group
Broccoli is an excellent source of vitamin K, one of the important nutrients that helps promote strong, healthy bones.
- 1 pound broccoli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Rinse the broccoli in cold running water to clean. Cut into individual florets.
- Put the broccoli florets and salt into a large pot, and add water to just cover the broccoli.
- Bring to a simmer, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Drain the broccoli thoroughly.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Sauté the garlic for 30 seconds; do not let it brown!
- Add the broccoli and black pepper and stir to combine with the olive oil and garlic. Cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice. Enjoy!
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 7g|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 9g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|